Dec 8, 2008

Kodama swap

This my second swap, a kodama (handmade swap of Miyazaki style from the film Princess Mononoke.). A kodama (木霊, 木魂, or 木魅) is a spirit from Japanese folklore, which is believed to live in certain trees (similar to the Dryad of Greek myth). Cutting down a tree which houses a kodama is thought to bring misfortune, and such trees are often marked with shimenawa rope.I have received mine from Jennifer from USA, totally love it. It is so adorable and so soft. Thank you Jennifer for this wonderful Kodama stuffie.



My Kodama stuffie from Jennifer


I have also made one from crochet for my partner Elaine from the states. Hope she like it as much as I love it.



My version of Kodama for Elaine



If you are interested in Swapping, drop by Swap-bot.com. It's so much fun, I have done 4 swapping up to Dec 08. My third swap was "I Love Your Blog Swap".The blog swapping is so much fun where you get to visit fun blogs and get comments on your own blog too!!

Happy swapping peeps.

No comments: